Sunday 27 January 2013

Where are the Dreams Now?

This week my craziness level took a step up. I still cannot jog because of my calf muscle injury. But I know I need to start cranking up the distance in training in prep for April. So, I walked. On Thursday evening, after a long and frustrating day at work, I walked the entire circumference of Milan. It's exactly 19.9km. It took me 3 hours and 22 minutes walking at a pace as fast as I could. I started at 7pm, when it was 7 degrees outside, and finished near 10:30pm when it had become just 2 degrees. I really felt that drop in temperature in my bones! I didn't take my Ipod to listen to music. I wanted to be alone with my thoughts and concentrate on my challenge. The 100 mile journey, I believe, will not only be a massive physical task but moreover will be a test of mental strength. To succeed or not will come down to pure stubborn lonely determination. It's more a test of will, than skill.......




THIS BLOG HAS NOW BEEN ARCHIVED - to obtain it email:

simonsrockyroad@gmail.com



........... for me this 20km test around cold grey Milan has been a good step forward in my quest. Next week I must try to do the same distance again, maybe twice.
Keep going...

Will-power...

One foot in front of the other...

Where are the dreams now ?


.

No comments:

Post a Comment